Are you looking for a fast way to acquire new skills and increase your knowledge? If you are, this article will give you all the available information on short-term certification programs for you to choose from.
2-week certification programs are a great solution to gain more experience and improve your resume. Whether you are in between jobs, going for a career change, or trying to get a promotion, 2-week certification programs are the way to go! These short-term, preliminary courses are designed to help you boost or change your career path. They are perfect for newcomers to the labor market, for job transitions, and simply a great way to move ahead in the field of your interest.
There are many online and offline 2-week certification programs in different areas of expertise like Informational Technology (IT), healthcare, design, management, lifestyle, teaching, sports, and more. Get ahead of your competition and learn everything you need to know about the topic of your choice. Make a strong impression on your colleagues and clients with your newly acquired skills. To help you find the ideal short-term certification program we have created a list of 2-week certification programs in a variety of fields so you can have a broader view of the available programs you can benefit from. Read on and find the best 2-week route that will enable you to increase your income and improve your skillset.
2 Week Certification Programs
There are many short-term certification programs in a variety of industries. All you have to do is pick the one that fits you best! To do so, check out our list of 10 certification programs that can be completed in 2-weeks or less, and get ready to excel:
1. Bloodborne Pathogens Training
Offered by the American Red Cross training services Bloodborne Pathogens Training Online is a certification program that can be finished in 2-weeks or less. If your work somehow exposes you at risk to blood pathogens and other potentially infectious bodily fluids, you will find this course extremely useful. The trainers of this 2-week certification program will teach you:
- How Bloodborne pathogens spread and transmit from one person to another;
- How to avoid bloodborne pathogens exposure;
- What to do in case of exposure to infectious material.
This online course allows you to set your learning pace. The entire program is delivered online allowing you to obtain a certificate only 24 hours after the course completion. Protect yourself, and apply for a certified program which is a pre-requisite for the standard bloodborne pathogens program recommended by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
2. Basic Life Support Certification
Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) is another 2-week certification program in the field of healthcare offered by American Red Cross training services. The BLS certification is a great in-person training for future nurses, policemen, firefighters, and physicians. As a trainee, you will have the opportunity to learn from experts and offer basic life support when needed. Once you choose the BLS certification program you should be familiar with the following details:
- The BLS program is planned and taught by experts, established and reviewed by the American Red Cross Scientific Advisory Council(a board of nationally recognized experts from a variety of academic disciplines making sure the provided information meets national standards);
- It offers the best in-person training, and in-class combined learning program;
- The program is created to help you acquire the necessary skills for becoming a life safety specialist;
- You will learn and obtain the basic competencies in Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, and advanced areas such as airway management, rapid sequence intubation, and much more;
- Your BLS certification is valid for two years from the date on your certificate (obtained once you complete training and pass the exam);
- For certification renewal, there is a possibility for shortened recertification BLS course.
You will have access to your BLS certification online anytime, and you will be able to print it, share it, or download it through your Red Cross Account.
3. Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certification
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certification or shortly CPR is a 2-week certification program that will prepare you to respond in an emergency. The course offers CPR certification classes thought by experts who will teach you to assist someone facing a cardiac or breathing emergency. This CPR certification
organized by the Red Cross fulfills OSHA-assigned job requirements. Here’s what else you should know about this CPR certification course:
- You can attend in-person, online, or use a blended learning class format;
- You will acquire the latest life-saving skills;
- Besides CPR certification, the American Red Cross also offers recertificationfor the existing certificate holders;
- After course completion you will earn a digital certificate;
- The digital certificate has a unique ID and a QR code making it easy for employers to confirm its validity;
- You or your employer can enter the certificate’sID or scan the QR code to retrieve a copy with the student training information.
This program is great if you want to learn more about CPR or if you just need it for your job. So, whether you are a medical professional or not, with minimum or no knowledge you and your wallet would love this 2-week certification program.
4. Content Strategy For Professionals
This Content Strategy online course for professionals can be completed in 2-weeks’ time. You can obtain a certificate after the program completion and learn:
- The best ways to occupy an audience;
- How to implement important, strategic stories and news;
- How to use established techniques to increase the audience’s experiences and interest;
- To develop stories that lead to perceptive mental pictures;
- To write engaging, valuable, authentic stories and information.
As a participant in the content strategy certification program, you will gain these skills:
- Content creation and marketing;
- User experience;
- Product management.
If you are, or you want to become a content strategy practitioner you will have to be skillful with words, pictures, and social and mobile media to engage with users and audiences. This 2-week certification program will help you learn and gain skills in the content strategy department with the help of expert lecturers from Northwestern University.
5. Graphic Design
Offered by the University of Colorado Boulder, the Graphic Design course is a 2-week certification program as a part of the Effective Communication Specialization. More than seventy different companies have arranged this specialization for their employees as a part of their professional advancement. This online practical course will equip you with the necessary tools to:
- Produce quality PowerPoints, reports, resumes, and presentations;
- Use design skills that will make your work look outstanding;
- Know how to modify your project from good to excellent;
- Learn basic graphic design information and develop graphics, topography, and presentation skills.
To complete the assignments foreseen in this certification program you will need basic presentation software like Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. What’s even more important you will be able to learn about and use more complex tools, like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
6. Lean Software Development
The Lean Software Development 2-week certification program is offered by the University of Minnesota one of the largest public research universities in the country. This certification program is flexible and 100% online so you can learn according to your schedule. Once you enroll you will have the privilege to learn more about:
- Software development concepts and methods;
- The Lean Software concepts, methods, and techniques like Kanban, Value Stream Mapping;
- The Lean Startup and Design Thinking techniques;
- User and market needs;
- Applying the knowledge to fictional case studies.
During this certification program, you will gain the necessary experience to apply these techniques and methods to software development. Be ready to learn more about your users and market needs faster and cheaper.
7. Introduction To Cybersecurity And Cyber Attacks
IBM Security Learning Services offers the Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools and Cyber Attacks course and the opportunity to understand the Cybersecurity basics. You will have the chance to:
- Learn about the history of cybersecurity and cyberattacks;
- Understand cyber-attack types and motives;
- Study information security and malware;
- Learn the essential terms, fundamental system concepts, and tools used in the field of cybersecurity;
- Understand the importance of critical thinking if you want to pursue a career in cybersecurity;
- Get familiar with the associations and resources for further cybersecurity issues research.
This 2-week certification program is perfect if you want to have a basic knowledge of Cybersecurity. This course is the first of many other courses in the Cybersecurity field that can help you gain the necessary skills to work as a Junior Cybersecurity Analyst. With this course, you are eligible for the IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate, and the IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization.
8. Foundations Of Project Management
Foundations of Project Management is a 2-week certification program offered by the top Google Career Certificates instructors as a first in a series of six steps that will teach you:
- The necessary skills for introductory-level positions in project management;
- The fundaments of organizational culture, career progress, strategic thinking, change, and projects management;
- How to play a vital role in running, planning, and realizing critical projects;
- Basic project management terminology;
- The responsibilities of a project manager;
- How to describe and explore project management roles and obligations in different industries;
- The essential skills every project manager should know if he/she wants to be successful;
- How to explain the life cycle of an entire project;
- To evaluate a variety of program management approaches;
- How to describe organizational structure and its influence on project management;
- The jobs you can pursue after program completion.
If you decide to apply for this short-term certification, you will have the chance to learn from experienced Google project managers, which will equip you with the knowledge on how to apply for introductory-level positions as project managers.
9. Attract And Engage Customers With Digital Marketing
Attract and Engage Customers with Digital Marketing is the second 2-week certificate program out of the seven Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Certificate courses. This is another online certification program offered by Google with flexible deadlines and shareable certificates. During the course Google instructors will help you learn how to:
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM);
- Draw customers online with digital marketing;
- Use digital marketing strategies;
- Increase the quality and quantity of website traffic;
- Understand the fundaments of the website structure and Google Ads;
- Identify customers’ needs and build your target audience.
Once you complete this 2-week certification program you will be ready to use digital marketing strategies to increase people’s interest in merchandise and services. The course will provide you with the hands-on experience necessary to apply for entry-level jobs in digital marketing and e-commerce. No previous experience is necessary.
10. Lifeguard Training Certification
If you want to be a certified lifeguard then this Lifeguard Certification Training is just what you need! Another 2-week certification program offered by the American Red Cross includes written tests and hands-on skills tests. To apply for the training and receive lifeguard certification you will need to fulfill the following prerequisites:
- You have to be at least 15 years old;
- You have to pass a swimming skills test before you apply for the course;
- If you are a first-time trainee or your certificate has expired, you can take the lifeguard course in-person or as a combination of in-person and online classes.
As part of the complete lifeguarding, you will have the opportunity to learn swimmer rescue techniques, essential safety procedures, first aid, and CPR. You will also get familiar with the swimming pool’s water quality, chemistry, and biology as well as pool equipment maintenance so you can work as a pool lifeguard.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of 2-Week Certification Programs
As in any other certification program, 2-week certification programs have their advantages and disadvantages. These are the advantages and disadvantages of 2-week certification programs we’ve come across during our research:
|Advantages of 2-week certification programs
|Disadvantages of 2-week certification programs
|Short-term courses take less time and effort
|Sometimes a 2-week course is not enough to grasp the material and fully understand it
|You can start a brand new career
|Some industries require much more than a short-term course
|Get a promotion in an existing career
|Fewer possibilities for social interaction (if the course is 100% online)
|Increase your potential for employment
|To finish the course you need self-discipline and high motivation
|Boost your resume
|You can’t learn from your peers
|Earn more money
|Technology issues can stop you from completing the course
|Improve your skills
|Broaden your knowledge
|Refresh your knowledge
|Prepare you for a longer certification program
|Give you the possibility of networking
|Enable you to learn on your own time and pace
There are many advantages and disadvantages, but the important thing is that the advantages of 2-week programs prevail. So if you are still indecisive about whether to take upon a 2-week certification program remember it has more pros than cons, so go for it!
Alternative Suggestions For Short-Term Training
Besides the 2-week certification programs in our list offered by the American Red Cross and Coursera, there are many other short-term certification programs for you to consider. Here are some other alternative suggestions for short-term training:
- Athena Global Education Courses offers free short courses ranging from 5 to 90 hours. Choose one based on interests and affinities;
- Northshore Technical Community College offers many short-term certification courses in a variety of fields designed to assist you in building your personal and professional skills as a way to start a new career or advance in your existing career;
- Teach.com has a plethora of short courses, boot camps, and certificates to improve your skill set in a particular career field;
- The Online Schools Center helps you complete a fast and cheap online certification program and acquire the necessary specialized certification;
- Alison helps you empower yourself with knowledge and skills through its specialist certificate programs in areas like Information technology, healthcare, business, sales and marketing, teaching, and more;
- Emeritus will help you win that long awaiting raise through its skill-based short-term certification programs that pay well in the most in-demand sectors;
- Udemy has a wide selection of courses (213,000 online video courses) and new additions coming along each month;
- Future Learn offers flexible limitless learning whenever and wherever you are, along with resume-boosting certificates;
- edX short-term online certification programs help you learn from the best teachers from the best universities like Harvard, Berkley, and MIT.
2-week certification programs are a great way to refresh and broaden your knowledge, and an opportunity to acquire an entirely new set of skills. Upon program completion, you will earn a digital certificate that can be shared, printed, and validated by your employer.
Our list is just “a small fish in the pond” of the many prospects that await you if you decide to take a short-term course. Besides our list, consider the advantages and disadvantages of short-term programs and the alternative suggestions for short-term training before making your final decision: Choosing the 2- week certification program that offers you the best possibilities!